- Two weeks prior to your camp session: Be sure to have all information completed in CampDoc. The two-week out deadline is when we finalize housing, give dietary needs to the kitchen staff, and our health staff start preparing for your campers’ stay on camp. We will not be able to honor additional buddy requests and may not be able to accommodate additional dietary needs requested after the two-week out deadline
- Troop Camp registrants should NOT use CampDoc. Troop leaders are responsible for collecting and retaining all Health History Forms in their records.
How It Works
After registering and before your camp session start date, around early May, you will receive an e-mail requesting camper information through CampDocs. These forms, including buddy requests, should be completed before the deadline included in your email. Campers will not be able to stay at camp without having completed the required online forms.
- Click on the green Accept Invite link within the email to create your CampDoc account. If you are taken to a link that is no longer valid, you have likely already created an account and can log in.
- Note: It is important to use the most updated version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari to accept your invitation.
- In the Confirm Email box, type your email address in order to confirm.
- In the Password Box, type the password that you want to use.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Once you are logged in, select the camper’s name and click on the health profile link to complete the camper’s information.
CampDoc sends out periodic reminder emails for incomplete health information. These notifications come from CampDoc, so please add them to your safe sender list to avoid accidental delivery to junk and spam folders. We don’t want you to miss important notices!
Support & FAQs
Support & FAQs
For assistance with your CampDoc account or if you are having technical issues you can visit their support website for participants, or contact CampDoc’s Support Team at 734-619-8300 or email@example.com. They are great at answering your questions and walking you through any difficulties you may be experiencing.
I never received an email to create an account; what do I do?
Please check your junk/spam mail folder. You may also want to add the domain name campdoc.com or schooldoc.com to your safe sender list or spam-blocker whitelist to ensure that you receive all communications. Your invitation is sent to the email address that you provided Girl Scouts River Valleys, so if you have multiple email addresses, check the one that you used to register for camp. If you recently registered for camp, we may not have received the most up-to-date registration information yet, so it may take a few days before you receive an Invitation email from CampDoc.
I accidentally deleted the email you sent; how do I sign in now?
No worries! You can resend the Invitation email to the email address you used to register with your organization.
To resend your Invitation email:
- Go to app.campdoc.com or app.schooldoc.com.
- Click the SIGN UP button.
- In the Email Address box, type the email address you used to register with your organization.
- Click the BEGIN button.
- Click the RE-SEND button. The invitation will be sent to the email address you entered.
How do I complete a buddy request?
Once you are logged into your CampDoc account, select the camper’s name and click on the health profile link to complete the buddy request.
Still experiencing issues?
If you are having technical issues with CampDoc you can visit their support website for participants, or contact CampDoc’s Support Team at 734-619-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They are great at answering your questions and walking you through any difficulties you may be experiencing.
Camp Cancellation Form
If a registrant is no longer able to attend their session, they need to notify Girl Scouts River Valleys of their cancellation as soon as possible. Cancellations are accepted by phone, email, in-person or by submitting the Camp and Event Cancellation Form.