Use the following tips to help you successfully register for camp.
Expand All | Collapse All
Choose Your Top Three Sessions
Because of the popularity of summer resident camp, we can’t always guarantee you’ll get into your number one choice session. Choose your top three based on your camper’s age, interests, and schedule. We are happy to recommend alternative sessions if you aren’t sure.
Log In to gsEvents Ahead of Time
Set yourself up for success by logging into your My Account at least one week before camp registration opens. That way, you can ensure you’ve got your password on lockdown and that all your profile information is correct. If you’ve never registered for an event or camp through gsEvents before, get familiar with the system by exploring the My Events tab.
Things to check for as a caregiver:
- Your contact information (including your email and mailing address) is up to date.
- Your camper’s membership is showing as active for the 2023-2024 membership year.
- Your camper’s grade is accurate.
Things to check for as a troop leader:
- Your roster (found in your My Account under the “My Troop” tab) includes all Girl Scouts and troop volunteers who are currently participating with your troop.
- All troop members are showing as active for the 2023-2024 membership year.
- Any adults who are planning to chaperone at troop camp are registered for the 2023-2024 membership year and have an eligible background check.
Online Registration is Recommended
- Online registration is recommended and is the best way to secure your spot. All Girl Scout members, including those who are members of another council, can register online.
- Registrations are also accepted by phone. The Customer Care Team can be reached by calling 800-845-0787 during business hours.
Financial Assistance + Program Credit Payment Options
- Financial Assistance: Girl Scouts is open to all, regardless of ability to pay. If the total cost of camp is not affordable, members can request financial assistance to help with the cost.
- Program Credits: Girl Scouts can earn Fall FUNds, Cookie Credits, and Juliette Program Credits through participation in our Fall Snacks & Magazines and/or Cookie Programs.
- To use either of these payment types toward your camp registration, pay the minimum, non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit, and then select “Financial Assistance” or “Program Credit” at check out. To request financial assistance, submit the Financial Assistance Request Form. To pay with program credits, use the Electronic Program Credit and/or 2024-Happy Camper Code Redemption Form. Learn more about paying for camp.
Members From Other Councils Can Register
- Girl Scout River Valleys camps and events are open to all Girl Scout members, including those from other councils. Members from other councils can register for camp online through their My Account beginning Monday, February 12, 2024. For ease in searching, enter the zip code associated with the camp you’d like to register for.
- We have Cookie Credit reciprocity with many sister councils, but we are unable to offer any financial assistance to members coming from other councils to our events or camps.
Only Troop Leaders and Caregivers Can Register Girl Scouts Online
- Caregivers can register themselves, their camper or other adults in their household for camp sessions online, but they cannot register campers outside of their household. Adults wishing to register someone outside of their household will need to complete registration over the phone at 800-845-0787. You will be required to pay the deposit; instructions on completing payment will be sent to the parent/caregiver of the camper registered.
- Troop leaders are the only volunteers that can register current Girl Scouts and volunteers in their troop for camp sessions. They can register troop members listed on their troop roster for all camp sessions online. We strongly encourage parents/caregivers to be the ones to register their Girl Scouts for resident camp.
- Anyone holding a volunteer role other than the troop leader will not be able to register troop members other than themselves and their own Girl Scout online and would need to register other troop members by phone at 800-845-0787. You will be required to pay the deposit; instructions on completing payment will be sent to the parent/caregiver of the Girl Scout registered.
We Do Not Have a Waitlist
- Girl Scouts River Valleys does not have wait lists for camp or event sessions. Once the session capacity has been reached, we are unable to add any additional participants.
- If a full session has a cancellation prior to the registration deadline, the spot will open back up online and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Need help picking an alternative session? We are happy to help you choose a session based on your camper’s age, interest, and schedule.
Troop Exploration Camp: Adult to Girl Scout Ratios
To ensure that supervision requirements are met, troop exploration camps have camper-to-adult ratios. The table below shows how many adults need to attend in relation to the number of Girl Scouts attending. Remember to take cabin and yurt capacity into account. Shady Glen Cabins sleep up to 16 people; Windsong Yurts sleep up to 12.
|# of Girl Scouts||# of Required Adults*|
*Adult attendees are required to have a current Girl Scout membership and an eligible background check. At least two adults must be unrelated.
Troop Exploration Camp: Coordinate Schedules
Girl Scouts in your troop may be registered for resident camp. Check with your troop and be sure to coordinate schedules with the other Girl Scouts and troop volunteers to ensure that your troop camp session of choice isn’t on the same day(s) as their resident camp session(s).
Troop Exploration Camp: Registration Details
- The troop leader is the only person who needs to register for a Troop Exploration session. When registering, you’ll sign-up your troop for a cabin or a yurt at Singing Hills or a Troop House or a Morning Star Cabin at Northwoods. We will collect information on all attendees prior to your session’s start date.
- At Singing Hills cabins sleep up to 16 people and yurts sleep up to 12.
- At Northwoods Troop Houses can sleep up to 16 people and Morning Star cabins sleep up to 8.
- Registration will require a minimum deposit of $200. This deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the first day of the camp session.
- The troop leader who registers for the session will be the one who can make payments toward the remaining balance. Troops may choose to pay for camp using troop funds, or troop leaders may collect money from each family to go towards the cost of camp.
- If your troop has attendees who would like to use program credits or financial assistance to pay for their portion of the camp expense, you should provide families with the camp order number, which families will reference when filling out either form.
Expand All | Collapse All